Seminar: Arbitration Workshop
Schjødt, Roschier and 20 Essex Street have the pleasure of inviting key players in Nordic arbitration to a workshop in Oslo on selected hot topics in domestic and international arbitration on 16 November 4:00 PM.
Introduction: Norwegian ad hoc arbitration in transition towards increased predictability and transparency illustrated by NOMA's "Best Practice"
Main topic 1: Trends in Nordic arbitration
- "Emergency arbitrators" – the experience from UK and Sweden (SCC)
- The increasing use of "witness statements" – does it really enlighten the case and enhance efficiency? Supreme Court Judge Borgar Høgetveit Berg
Main topic 2: The scope of arbitration and assistance from the courts in arbitration cases
- When may an arbitration clause be invoked against a third party? Illustrated by the Norwegian Supreme Court case Skaugen Marine v. MAN Diesel
- Interim measures in international arbitration cases seated in Norway – jurisdiction issues in light of the Norwegian Supreme Court´s decision in Rt. 2015 p. 1040
- Freezing orders – the experience from Sweden and UK
- Recent developments in which Courts have become involved in the arbitration process
Tapas and refreshments will be served after the workshop.
Amund B. Tørum, Partner, Dr. Juris, Schjødt
Sven Eriksrud, Partner, Schjødt
Johan Sidklev, Partner, Roschier
Rikard Wikström, Partner, Roschier
Michael Ashcroft, QC, 20 Essex Street